[FFmpeg-devel] Filtering clueless-user spam from the lists

Rich Felker dalias
Wed Jan 23 21:49:30 CET 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 08:06:19PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > As humorous as this idea is, broken threading and thread hijacking are
> > 100% detectable algorithmically. We can leave the SWAT team the
> > tougher tasks that actually require human intervention. :)
>
> While automated detection without false negatives seems easy enough,
> avoiding false positives is decidedly more difficult.  As has been
> shown, there are legitimate cases that would have been flagged by your
> procmail rules.

I would not consider using bogus characters instead of > as a
legitimate case, but if others disagree, we can include | and other
stuff like that in the regex..

As for Re[2]: and stuff, how about using re[:=[] -- this covers
quoted-printable mess as well. It would probably be a good idea to
allow all base64 encoded subjects too. Ideally procmail would decode
headers before matching them but that's apparently too much to ask
for.. :(

Rich