[FFmpeg-devel] sws_scale RGB<->YUV luminance scaling

christophelorenz christophelorenz
Thu Jan 24 16:39:49 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>no, people will not do this commonly
>filters should always be implemented in the colorspace you are most likely
>to encounter

Then that means RGB should return graphic levels and not tv levels.
When you deocde images from a video to RGB, you first expect black to be
black...
TV levels is used for specific applications and not very common.

I also want to point out that the old deprecated img_convert was
returning RGB with graphic levels...

>RGB->YUV uses hardcoded coeffs currently, a patch changing that is weclcome
>YUV->RGB should honor whatever you set with sws_setColorspaceDetails()
>if it does not, well find out why and send a patch

I never posted a patch, but I'll give a look why it doesn't do it.

Chris