[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Andreas Öman andreas
Mon Jan 28 15:42:48 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:15:56AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

>> You have bullied Andreas ?man after he made another attempt at
>> resurrecting the AAC decoder, threatening to revoke his account.
>
> huh? i did not threaten him with revoking his account
> i just (possibly in a somewhat aggressive) way pointed at the fact that
> changing files by svn add is a svn policy violation. He never asked
> about this before on the soc mailing list, which i think would have
> been at least appropriate for such a controversal change. Again
> not all people are on IRC

Actually i did, this is a quote from the mail in ffmpeg-soc/12 Nov 2007

--8<--------------------------------------------
The idea is to start of with a new file (ie, no svn cp'ing)
and move the necessary AAC-LC stuff there and get it into
shape for merging into ffmpeg's trunk.

The history of the current file is rather irrelevant
and will be around for the interested in the soc-repo.

If you disagree, speak now or be forever silent.
--8<--------------------------------------------

Either way, this is forgotten (at least for my part) and I do indeed
plan on continuing on the AAC decoder. I have however got a lot
to do at $dayjob recently so the time I've been able to commit
to ffmpeg related work recently have been slightly diminished.

>> He made a good faith attempt to do the right thing, now he is
>> discouraged from further working on it.
>
> Thank you for making me responsible for him not working on the code.
> The last he said in the thread was:
> "
>> about the audio API, i dunno but i dont think it makes sense to delay (all)
>> audio decoders until some audio mixing API has been finished ...
>
> I agree on that. I'll continue to work with the aac-decoder in the
> current repo. First thing is to fix the current known bug.

.. and those I've fixed. It took a great deal of time to spot the
errors in the filterbank since I'm no guru when it comes to that
kind of stuff. But at least I've learned more about it :-)

> this doesnt sound like i scared him away to me ...

No, it will take more than that.

Having said that, I would definitely have appreciated a nicer
reply to the commit.

Now, EOD for me.