[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Mon Jan 28 16:15:29 CET 2008

Hello,
On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 03:18:36PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 10:15:56AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > That is not true, you are a bully.
> >
> > For example, you have been bullying me at every opportunity ever since I
> > dared stand up to you because of your refusal to improve your spelling.
> > Afterwards it seemed like you were trying your very best to make sure I
> > regretted standing up to you.
>
> hmm, if you see it that way, i must say i did not conciously intend to bully
> you or anyone else. But i must say that you and mans did not skip an
> oppertunity to bully me about the spelling.

Since I took part in this as well _I_ think if this was your impression
you misunderstood both our intentions and motivations.
IMO the reason why this has kept up so long is that you seemed really
convinced that spelling and grammar do not matter, and that is not true.
And I think at least I have made clear I do not expect you to make a lot
of an effort, but I did expect at least some kind of acknowledgement of
our concerns, which I at least missed (though I noticed some
improvement, but that is always a rather unclear indication).
If you disagree say so, but I just consider writing 'I' in uppercase and
starting sentences with uppercase letters and maybe try to write
"answer" right at least occasionally ;-) to be a rather simple things to
do, and at least me it costs no extra time because I need the time to
think about what I am writing anyway.

> also i feel people should send me a mail and complain if they think i treat
> them unfairly. I dont remember anyone ever complained to me until now ...

That is a bit of a problem, via email it is very hard to recognize the
motives behind what people do, so it is hard to know when a private
discussion is helpful, and many avoid it if in doubt.
I now think that you may have completely missed it, but e.g. when you
made that joke about the "official" Snow spelling Diego was already
quite sick of that kind of thing and took it (at least somewhat) as an
attack.
Did you notice that in his reply? In this case I did and said on
IRC I think it was honestly just meant to be funny, but I am sure such
things happen quite often. I do not yet have a good solution, but maybe
using off-list communication a bit more often might help.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger