[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Jan 29 03:12:00 CET 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 01:16:44AM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 05:23:20PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > Since I took part in this as well _I_ think if this was your impression
> > > you misunderstood both our intentions and motivations.
> >
> > It was my impression ...
>
> Nobody intended to bully you just like you say you did not intend to
> bully anyone.  It seems that everybody's motives and sensibilities are
> alike.
>
> My intention was to speak my mind on an issue that was causing me
> frustration because you seemed to deliberately and repeatedly ignore it.

I had the feeling it was more a "putzfimmel" (my dictionary says thats
translated to "mania for cleanliness" but that sounds idiotic so i kept the
german). Because of that i did not take the complaints serious and felt
bullied, that is bullied with something apparently irrelevant.
I now after having heard it hundread times from various people know its more
than that. And causes real problems for people trying to read what i wrote.

[...]
> > btw IIRC, most people have little problem reading text with the letters of
> > words randomly shuffled within words as long as the first and last of each
> > word are ok.
>
> I'm not convinced that this applies to non-native readers and/or people
> with a low skill level.

A litlte off tpoic epxeiremnt, has anoyne prboelms redanig it?

Looking at the above i think i agree people with low skill level will not
be able to read it easily.

> > > That is a bit of a problem, via email it is very hard to recognize the
> > > motives behind what people do, so it is hard to know when a private
> > > discussion is helpful, and many avoid it if in doubt.
> > > I now think that you may have completely missed it, but e.g. when you
> > > made that joke about the "official" Snow spelling Diego was already
> > > quite sick of that kind of thing and took it (at least somewhat) as an
> > > attack.
> > > Did you notice that in his reply?
> >
> > Not that i rememeber.
>
> Nevertheless the sentiment was there.

Dont take every joke i make that serious please. If id ever want to
attack you, i can assure you it would be clear and beyond doubt and not
interpretable as a joke! ;)

The misfortune of the wise is better than the prosperity of the fool.
-- Epicurus