[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] replace some static with asm_visibility or so

Andreas Öman andreas
Tue Jan 29 11:44:35 CET 2008

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I completely vote FOR this rule.
>>
>> I'd like this rule to include explicitly or implicitly the removing of
>> gcc warnings like "suggested parenthesis around blah blah" and yes I
>> know C standard defines priorities clearly, but it's just annoying and
>> makes me hard time catching which warnings are bad and which are ok.
>>
>> This was just one example Im thinking about.
>>

> I agree with this also. The signal to noise ratio currently is too high.

So do I, scrolling thru them in emacs is boring and noisy.

Preferably I think code should be compiled with -Werror, but due
to the fact that lav* is pretty speed sensitive I can live with
a couple of '.. may be uninitialized' here and there for speed
reasons.