[FFmpeg-devel] C99 or GCC extensions

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg
Fri Jul 4 22:20:12 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 4, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Axel Holzinger <aholzinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
> Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Be more specific, give concrete examples and quotes.
>> Most of asm code is written in gcc asm style.
>>
>> My personal opinion is that extensions should be avoided when
>> possible.
>> This is - they should be used only for speed critical stuff.
>
> I.e. #define AVV(x...) {x} instead of #define AVV(...) {__VA_ARGS__}
>
> I will work on this and send patches.

Don't work on this issue, it's useless.
This macro aims at supporting writing Altivec constants with both
Motorola (used in Apple version of GCC, and in codewarior, maybe even
in XLC) and FSF (used in FSF GCC) syntaxes.

Guillaume
--
Rita Rudner  - "When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his
first name was Always."