[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] missing av_free_packet on error?

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Jul 14 09:14:07 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>
>> (and if someone has time, could
>> you check its use in oggenc.c? It looks somewhat suspicious to me,
>> though I do not know the exact semantic of the interleave_packet
>> functions)...
>
> hmm iam not sure what you mean, av_interleave_packet_per_dts() looks
> similar ;)
>
> besides i do not think oggenc generates valid files anyway, the timestamps
> and keyframe flags should be off by 1 if it was implemented based on the same
> assumtions about granulepos as oggdec.c

It should create correct files, files seem correct according to
oggz-validate also.

It seems however that interleave_per_granule does not take care of old
revision of theora which did not have this "off by 1" issue (occuring
only when stream copying old files then).

Smartjog USA Inc.                                http://www.smartjog.com