[FFmpeg-devel] audio_resample* API questions

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jul 21 17:30:44 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 04:40:39PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> there is some reason for which the following block of audio_resample()
> is deactivated:
>
>     if (s->input_channels == s->output_channels && s->ratio == 1.0 && 0) {
>                                                                    ^^^^
>         /* nothing to do */
>         memcpy(output, input, nb_samples * s->input_channels * sizeof(short));
>         return nb_samples;
>     }
>
> ?
>

> BTW what is the user supposed to do in the case the input buffer isn't
> consumed completely?

This question makes no sense.

> In this case part of the input buffer is stored in the temporary
> buffer of ReSampleContext, the only way to notice this seems to use
> the returned value of audio_resample() and compare it with the
> expected value if all the input buffer is resampled (and which require
> to compute the ratio again).
>

> Also what about to provide some function to expose for example the
> ReSampleContext ratio, which in many application has otherwise to be
> computed again?

no, we will not not add a function to the resampler to divide 2 numbers
a/b works fine.

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali