[FFmpeg-devel] libraries linked with libX11 on GNU/kFreeBSD

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Wed Jul 23 20:45:00 CEST 2008

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Well, it's not really Reinhard's job to clean up the more obscure parts
> of configure.  The LDLATEFLAGS hack was added to work around some linker
> issues, if my hazy memory serves me right.  I remember that we both
> wondered about the reasons for this on IRC.  Luca might remember we he
> added this in the first place...

IIRC some ld flags have to stay in a certain order otherwise you end up
with unexpected results, I'm not sure if it was related to as-needed
usage or what. Probably the other Diego would recall the details.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member