[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] additinal desc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer

elupus elupus
Thu Jul 24 19:21:15 CEST 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:00:07 +0200, elupus wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:50:07 +0200, elupus wrote:
>
>> [25 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> And here we go again.

So did we get anywhere on this. With this patch, atleast dts/ac3 tracks on
blueray/hddvd are marked as such. Independent on what type of ac3 they
contain.

For TrueHD, this will with our current parser atleast for blueray allow
decoding of the stream. For hddvd it won't.

For EAC3/AC3+ we will soon have a ac3 decoder that will handle these
streams, and it still uses the same codecid.

For DTS, all the streams are backword compatible and our dts decoder
supports them (albeit not with the extra features of HD/HD_MASTER).

Currently the DTS parser fails to accept them, but hopefully Kostya will
see reason and revert the requirement of fixed framesizes for the parser
(which as i commented in that thread, currently totally break down on the
smallest hickup in the stream).

Joakim