[FFmpeg-devel] Nasm/yasm support and x264 asm

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Tue Jul 29 11:07:19 CEST 2008

Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> Without these, it would likely be a nightmare to try to port the asm;
> at the very least it would require a complete and total split of the
> code into 32-bit and 64-bit versions, and sometimes MMX and SSE
> versions, which would be a great way to create yet another "big ball
> of mud" in dsputil.

given x86 and x86_64 are different arches with different misfeatures and
MMX and SSE should be again different arch extensions with different
misfeatures, I always find strange having the code shared.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member