[FFmpeg-devel] Visibility implementation

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Jul 30 17:36:21 CEST 2008

Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 15:40 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Uoti Urpala wrote:
>> >
>> > Yes, if compiling with -fPIC.
>>
>> On which architecture?  How did it compare to vanilla code without -fPIC?
>
> I think it should change the resulting code on any architecture, but
> exactly how differs.

Any benchmarks?  If it is faster than the fastest alternative on each
architecture, I see no point in pursuing this.  I know there are people
who find some kind of twisted pleasure in obfuscating perfectly good
code with non-standard hacks and directives, but I'm not one of them.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com