[FFmpeg-devel] Visibility implementation

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Thu Jul 31 22:59:03 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 21:53 +0200, matthieu castet wrote:
> And for information with the same configuration, --gc-sections,
> -fvisibility=hidden + default pragma visibility in public header, I
> manage to a single library (containing libavcodec, libavdevice, ...) :
>     text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
> 5153895   36364 2249092 7439351  7183f7 libavcodec/libavxxx.so
>
> So the current visibility stuff is far from covering everything.

I'm not sure what you're trying to show with the numbers above. Anyway
my patch only covers libavcodec and no other part of FFmpeg. There's
still some stuff in libavcodec outside it, but less than one tenth of
the symbols that should be hidden. More could be marked later but I
think it's better to do that after the basic visibility support is in
FFmpeg.