[FFmpeg-devel] Contract offer for implementing decoding functionality for interlaced AVCHD (5000 Euro + optional 1000 Euro Bonus)

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Jun 1 15:49:07 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 02:38:09PM +0200, Robert Kr?ger wrote:
> The current SVN can transcode/play the files but the result is an out of
> sync slow motion video because the frames are effectively doubled during
> the decoding process (which some people said has something to do with
> PAFF not being implemented fully/properly but I am not competent to
> confirm that).

Hm... I did not yet test FFmpeg, but
mplayer sony-hdr-cx-6-avchd-1080i-9-seconds.mts -speed 0.5 -demuxer lavf
plays it in-sync for me (the -speed 0.5 is only because my PC is too
slow to play at full speed).
Could someone possibly verify that this is true and not just because my
MPlayer is full of half-finished hacks?

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger