[FFmpeg-devel] need eac3 merge suggestions

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jun 2 03:47:50 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 01, 2008 at 07:18:34PM -0400, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I'm at the point where I can merge the E-AC-3 decoder into
> FFmpeg SVN.  I'm not really sure about how to go about it though.  I'll
> throw some ideas out there...
>
> - Do I need to generate a set of patches for review?

yes, please, every big change should be reviewed by someone

see ra144.c ra288.c and many others for things we wouldnt have to deal
with now if they would have been reviewed by anyone.

> The last version
> reviewed by Michael was before I did quite a lot of changes and
> clean-up.  But I'm also AC3 maintainer. :)
>

> - Transferring the soc svn history of ac3dec.c will be pretty much
> impossible because different changes were done concurrently.  Instead, I
> can apply functional changes incrementally from the current version in
> soc svn, along with any cosmetics in-between.

patches and commits split nicely in small selfcontained and digestable
pieces are peferred anyway.
Iam not that much interrested in the mess from soc and the stepwise
cleanup.
That would be different if there were a clean history ...

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle