[FFmpeg-devel] Status of the DVCPRO HD integration?

Roman Shaposhnik rvs
Wed Jun 4 20:25:20 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-04 at 12:16 -0400, Armando Di Cianno wrote:
> Roman + all,
>
> I'm curious as to the status of the DVCPRO-HD patches from Dan Maas.

Well, given that the only committer on record in that Git tree is
myself I guess the status is: I'm working on it alone and things
are going at the speed I can afford (remember: my day job has
nothing to do with multimedia, and since I don't have DVCPRO-HD
equipment I don't even have a personal itch to scratch).
Help is *always* welcome. Be careful though, the end goal of the
project is to integrate the changes back into the FFmpeg. And in
order to do that they have to be really clean.

> I saw Roman's git tree, and built it, but I wasn't able to do a simple
> covert from the DVCPRO-HD source to any other format.  I also tried to
> simply patch current FFmpeg with Dan Maas's originally patches, but
> that process ended with conversion having swScalar errors (which makes
> sense, since the patches are kind of old at this point).
>
> I've seen the latest thread from May, starting here:
>   http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2008-January/thread.html#39984
> ... and I'm just curious if Roman's work has neared completion, i.e.
> can I download a patch for FFmpeg or checkout a specific FFmpeg
> revision with DVCPRO-HD support?

Not really. I'm about to update the Git tree this weekend and that
might (or might not) solve your problem.

> I can definitely offer my services and time to help test and DVCPRO-HD
> support patches.

Please make your samples available somewhere on the web. I'm compiling
a small collection of those to be used for testing.

Thanks,
Roman.