[FFmpeg-devel] Codec IDs for AC3/DTS variants (Was: Re: [RFC] additinaldesc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer)

Måns Rullgård mans
Mon Jun 9 17:20:10 CEST 2008

Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Benjamin Larsson wrote:

>>> Correct.

>>> I think that is not entirely true. Justin should know for sure.
>>>

>> Either way, having the ability to choose different decoders (e.g. hardware
>> or software) depending on the stream type would be nice.  If I have a
>> decoder that can handle the extensions, I want to use it, even if a basic
>> decoder will accept the stream.
>>

> Yes, we need to/should add support for spdif  output/pass through.

That would be entirely up to the calling application to handle.  All I'm
asking that such all application be given enough information to make the
right choice.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com