[FFmpeg-devel] Codec IDs for AC3/DTS variants (Was: Re: [RFC] additinaldesc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer)

elupus elupus
Mon Jun 9 18:08:01 CEST 2008

> > Yes, we need to/should add support for spdif  output/pass through.
>
> That would be entirely up to the calling application to handle.  All I'm
> asking that such all application be given enough information to make the
> right choice.

It's actually more the job of an encoder / bitstream filter. You need to add a
S/PDIF header to the data, and padd to a certain length. Demuxer should never
output S/PDIF'ed data, but sure a AC3_SPDIF, DTS_SPDIF, AAC_SPDIF, WMA_SPDIF
codec id's could be nice to have.