[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] additinal desc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer

elupus elupus
Tue Jun 10 19:50:07 CEST 2008

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 07:13:53 +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> elupus <elupus at ecce.se> writes:
>
>> [30 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> Move the case STREAM_TYPE_HDMV_DTS to that new group too, and remove
> the other hdmv-related if statement.

Done (skipped it in first patch as it can be considered cosmetic)

>> [16 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> Is it correct to use the same codec id?  Can AC3/DTS decoders in
> general handle all the variants?  Might an lavf-using app want to
> distinguish between them?

Right, so do we have a consensus on this?

As was pointed out by justin, AC3 and E-AC3 are not differenciated by lavc
parser/decoder, and thus for now shouldn't be an issue. Could be discussed
if this is the correct way todo it as it is really two different codecs.

AC3 TRUE HD, is as was pointed out by Benjamin actually a core AC3 stream
and a MLP stream on same pid (atleast on blueray). Aslong as the MPL stream
doesn't contain AC3 syncwords, a standard AC3 decoder should be able to
decode it.

All the DTS versions are backword compatible, so it's just additional
features for decoder.

So can this patch be accepted as a start?

Joakim