[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] additinal desc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer

madshi dear
Tue Jun 10 21:50:08 CEST 2008

elupus schrieb:
> On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:14:09 +0200, madshi wrote:
>

>> M?ns Rullg?rd schrieb:
>>
>>> [17 quoted lines suppressed]
>>>
>> Agreed.
>>

> Right, so how would one know if the pid contains both or not? I assume each
> pes packet contains some sort of identifaction that tells what it belongs
> too? or is there just a given order?

Blu-Ray TrueHD pids should always contain both. At least that's
what the specification requires.

In my own software, I've a parser/splitter which understands
both AC3 and TrueHD. It looks at the raw combined TrueHD+AC3
bitstream and splits it into two separate streams.

However, somebody (Ian?) mentioned earlier that the Blu-Ray
TrueHD stream consists of PES packets with two different IDs.
I was not aware of that. If that's true, splitting could be realized
simply by looking at the PES IDs...