[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] additinal desc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer

elupus elupus
Tue Jun 10 22:08:40 CEST 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 21:50:08 +0200, madshi wrote:

> elupus schrieb:
>> [13 quoted lines suppressed]
>
> Blu-Ray TrueHD pids should always contain both. At least that's
> what the specification requires.
>
> In my own software, I've a parser/splitter which understands
> both AC3 and TrueHD. It looks at the raw combined TrueHD+AC3
> bitstream and splits it into two separate streams.
>
> However, somebody (Ian?) mentioned earlier that the Blu-Ray
> TrueHD stream consists of PES packets with two different IDs.
> I was not aware of that. If that's true, splitting could be realized
> simply by looking at the PES IDs...

Could this be stream_id_extension of the pes packet? cause can't seem to
find anything else that would be usable.

on a complete sidenote, the dca parser in lavc chokes on DTS HD streams,
while if i disable it, and parse stream manually before passing to libdts,
playback is fine. :/