[FFmpeg-devel] Codec IDs for AC3/DTS variants (Was: Re: [RFC] additinaldesc_type for dtshd mpeg-ts demuxer)

Ian Caulfield ian.caulfield
Tue Jun 10 23:58:49 CEST 2008

2008/6/10 Justin Ruggles <justinruggles at bellsouth.net>:
> elupus wrote:
>>
>> Forgot to answer your question. E-AC3, DD+, AC3+ is all the same thing. So as
>> said in othermail, it's not backword compatible.
>
> In that case, it will be decodable by FFmpeg's AC3/E-AC3 decoder.  It is
> not currently, but it won't be too much longer now.
>
> It does not need a new codec id.

Can the E-AC3 decoder handle the streams which consist of an AC3
"core" stream and an E-AC3 ancillary stream? I think these are used on
Blu-Ray...

Ian