[FFmpeg-devel] Extending AVOption system

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Fri Jun 13 17:24:32 CEST 2008

On date Thursday 2008-06-12 13:09:45 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> On date Thursday 2008-06-12 12:17:03 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
[...]
> > we could put the whole new code under #if version >= X though
>
> For me this solution is OK (I'll send an updated plan later).

Here it is:

* define in AVClass the option_count field, minor libavutil bump
  required

* warn in the documentation for AVClass that option_count has to be
  defined and the option array has to be sorted to avoid to
  break things at the next libavutil major bump

* sort the options array and put warnings telling to keep them sorted
  for the next major bump

* set in the various AVClasses the option_count field and
  corresponding warnings

* implement in av_opt_find() the use of bsearch() under #ifdef version
  >= x

* ...

At this point libav* should be ready for the next major bump, when it
will happen the new code should be enabled and working possibly
without to break anything.

BTW, it would be nice to sort the OptionDef arrays as well.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Friendly & Frightening Merciful Portable ExchanGer