[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg.c refactoring

John Kelley john
Mon Jun 16 01:07:18 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Are users thread hijacking safe yet? seems not> Are users thread hijacking safe yet? seems not
It was a legitimate question, relevant to the user's query; meant to help him.

> go away troll. libav* is thread safe, is used by many in multithreaded
> environments and i dont remember anyone discussing or doubting this.
You should get your memory checked and not be so sour - you in fact
responded to the main thread I was referring to. "[Ffmpeg-devel] List
of non-thread safe functions" from 2/7/07 is one such discussion that
specifically mentions certain functions in libavcodec that need to be
wrapped in mutexes in order to be thread safe.

So now I re-iterate my question - have the problems in the above
mentioned thread been fixed or do they still need fixing?

 - John