[FFmpeg-devel] Document AVOption struct

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jun 16 04:45:50 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 07:21:59PM -0400, The Wanderer wrote:
> Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>
> > On date Saturday 2008-06-14 22:47:33 +0200, Michael Niedermayer
> > encoded:

> >> A function does something a variables is something.
> >>
> >> A description of a variable should not be about how it is used but
> >> about what it is primarely. After one has defined what the variable
> >> is/contains one can, if needed explain what that is used for if
> >> thats is important.
> >
> > Got it, please check if it is better now.
>
> For as much as my two cents are worth, looks good to me.

I agree from a english language point of view ...
sadly it contains a bug now ;)
the unit is not neccessarily the name of the option it belongs to, as example
see cmp_func. The constants "belong" to several options (cmp,subcmp,...)

When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and
there is nothing more to fear from them, then he is always stirring up
some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader. -- Plato