[FFmpeg-devel] FLV muxer bug

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Mon Jun 16 23:27:49 CEST 2008

Hi,

nikola.strahija at xatrix.org wrote:
> Hi devs.
> First of all thanks for all the hard work put into ffmpeg!
>
> Now, back to topic :-)
>
> It seems that the FLV muxer adds 2 keyframes with timestamp 0 and different
> file positions.
>
> Example command line:
>
> ffmpeg -i elephants-dream.avi -vcodec libx264 -b 100000 -acodec libfaac -ab
> 100000 elephanty.flv
>
> Source used is the free Elephant's Dream movie.

Yes, the first frame is extradata. Timestamps are positive and origin is
always 0, what else to put in timestamp field ?

The key frame flag is needed here (on extradata) else flash player
simplify does not play the file, this was last time I checked.

Next frame is I frame so of course keyframe is set.

Complain to Adobe if the wrapping is braindead  ;)

Smartjog USA Inc.                                http://www.smartjog.com