[FFmpeg-devel] gprof and FFmpeg

Mike Melanson mike
Thu Jun 19 16:39:50 CEST 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Oprofile is generally much more reliable than gprof.  What kind of
> problems are you having?

When it works, it works well. I have only gotten it set up properly on
one computer, my OpenSuSE computer at work. That was because the package
manager actually took care of everything for me. Ubuntu 7 and Xandros on
my Eee PC have trouble setting it up automatically.

However, I just tried it on a Ubuntu 8 machine and it seems to be set up
properly. I will try the profiling there.

--
	-Mike Melanson