[FFmpeg-devel] Open Source Media Player Collaboration.

compn tempn
Mon Jun 23 22:49:27 CEST 2008

Hello

I had an idea to send all of the codec and demuxer commits to a codec-commits mailing list so that when a developer adds support for a new video, other projects can also get the same sample working.

This way a developer for one project does not have to read 5 different mailing lists to keep up to date. It also has the benefit of unifying the support of open source media applications.

mplayerhq.hu can host such a list if anyone agrees with it.

I have sent this message to the following projects:
vlc-devel
mplayer-dev-eng
ffmpeg-devel
xine-devel
gstreamer-devel
ffdshow-tryouts forum
perian-discuss
xbmc forum

If you know of any other projects which should be included, please forward this message to them.

If we can agree on this, then we can get into the fun stuff.
Like testing all applications against all sample repositories:

http://live.gnome.org/GStreamerMediaTest
http://www.xinehq.de/~tmattern/report/
http://multimedia.cx/eggs/master-spreadsheet/

Maybe even come up with a complete samples testreport with all programs.

-compn