[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] Fix for static leaks in h264.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jun 29 14:57:06 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 01:34:19PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:
>
> > Iam fine with the patch in principle but not the do/while(). I do not like
> > do-whiled macros.
>
> Why not?  They are usually considered a Good Thing (tm).

Yes i know, i just find them ugly and think thei uglyness outweights their
advatages.

if()
    MACRO();
else

would fail without the do/while

while
if(){
    MACRO();
}else

would work

Maybe its just me but, i feel that the idea that any macro should behave
exactly like a function is the problem ...
Of course for macros which do look like functions i agree that the do/while
should be added, but anything written in all upper case does not look like
a function.

All just IMHO, iam not strongly objecting do/while if more people want
them than not.

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable