[FFmpeg-devel] Broken configure causes ffmpeg failing on Solaris

Frank Liu gfrankliu
Mon Mar 3 22:42:57 CET 2008

On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 5:21 AM, Jan Knutar <jknutar at nic.fi> wrote:

> On Sunday 02 March 2008 05:40, Frank Liu wrote:
>  > On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 4:34 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
>  > >  > IIRC, the -q flag is not supported by the grep shipped with
>  > >  > solaris 10.
>  > >
>  > >  That makes solaris 10 broken.  The -q flag is standard.
>  >
>  > fyi,
>  > -q flag is supported by the grep shipped with solaris 10.  "man
>  > standards" for details.
>
>  Just make sure your $PATH is set correctly before running the configure
>  script...

I think we are going the wrong direction. -q is not really the issue.
As I mentioned in the original post, I had PATH setup properly and the
right grep that does support -q is used. The main issue is that only
GNU grep can work on binary files. For now, I switch to GNU grep
(/usr/sfw/bin/ggrep) on my Solaris box.  We probably should borrow
clamav's configure idea and use a env variable GREP where  configure
will find the proper grep on the system, or let users to overwrite by
setting the GREP var in shell before running configure.

Frank