[FFmpeg-devel] Fix mingw name of .lib files

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra
Tue Mar 4 15:34:47 CET 2008

I believe I had already brought this up before, but I was not given any
reason why it works like this.

The attached proposed patch changes configure to actually install .lib
files following the name of the corresponding .dll files (like every
other library out there does), so that you get:

/usr/local/bin/avutil-52.dll
/usr/local/bin/avutil-52.lib

instead of the, imo, broken:

/usr/local/bin/avutil-52.dll
/usr/local/bin/avutil.lib

This allows you to also have multiple versions of ffmpeg installed under
mingw.  I'm finding I will need to support multiple ffmpeg versions for
my software.

--
Gonzalo Garramu?o
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar