[FFmpeg-devel] Searching for a ffmpeg BCLO (bastard chief legal officer)

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Mar 5 00:53:50 CET 2008

Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 01:13:22AM +0200, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
>> On Sun, Mar 2, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> > On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 05:02:10PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>> >  > On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 01:31:25PM -0600, Timothy Baldridge wrote:
>> >  > > Depending on the work load, I can help. I'm not sure about how many
>> >  > > violators we currently have, but I could certainly handle some basic
>> >  > > communication. I work as an IT Tech/Programmer during the day, and
>> >  > > probably 30% of my day is spent in customer relations, so I can be
>> >  > > nice, but I can be a jerk when needed. Especially when working with
>> >  > > those who are breaking GPL.
>> >  > >
>> >  > > So if it's either me or a flaming troll, I'm in.
>> >  >
>> >  > Well, why don't you grab one of the offenders from our issue
>> >  > tracker and give it a go?
>> >
>> >  Ill write gabu a mail in 48h unless someone confirms that he did
>> >  send a mail to one of the offenders.
>> >  There are already 8 of them.
>>
>> Have you contacted Software Freedom Law Center?
>> I would prefer professionals who have actually went in court of law
>> (and won).
>
> I have already proposed this to Michael, but he wants to have somebody
> that contacts third parties first before sending in the lawyers.

For this to have any benefit, that person will have to have at least
basic skills in diplomacy, which is where I believe Gabu falls short.
However, when the time comes to send an executioner, feel free to
enlist him.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com