[FFmpeg-devel] Fix mingw name of .lib files

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Mar 5 17:46:21 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 01:26:26PM -0300, Gonzalo Garramu?o wrote:
> M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> >
> > Wrong.  Any POSIX-compatible shell will work.
>
> Fine.  If you want to be strict about it, sure.  Point being that, just
> like autotools, you also place a requirement on a specific
> command-shell.  Does that work for you?

No, there is a no requirement on a "specific" shell.  Any
standards-compliant one will do.  You keep missing that point.

> >> a "configure" script with similar interface (and config.err),
> >
> > Shouldn't you mention that we use make too?
>
> Sure, if you want.  That's also part of the gcc toolchain and a requirement.

There is no such thing as a "gcc toolchain" and we surely do not depend
on it.

> >> files with strings replaced like @PREFIX@,
> >
> > Wrong again.  We have none of that.
>
> True.  You have a bash script that spits out variables with cat <<EOF.
> PREFIX=$PREFIX.

It it not a "bash" script and no strings are replaced.  What was your
point again?

> >> the need for a gcc toolchain, etc.
> >
> > The build system doesn't require gcc.  Only some inline assembler
> > requires gcc.
>
> Not true, the make system currently imposes the compiler
> to be compatible with gcc's flags (-MM for example needs to spit
> dependencies, etc. ) besides any assembler.

Not true, this is only required for generating dependency information.
Patches welcome, gcc's dependency generation works bad enough as is.

Are you aware that FFmpeg can be compiled with other compilers apart
from gcc?  Or are you going to call them "too similar to gcc" anyway?

Diego