[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] info about stream details

Andreas Öman andreas
Wed Mar 5 18:03:42 CET 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 01:15:03PM +0100, Andreas ?man wrote:
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>  > A callback in AVCodec seems to make more sense and is more flexible.
>>
>> Indeed, like this?
>
> Yes but please add a int verbose and/or int flags as well, this doesnt
> need to be used ATM but it could come in handy in the future ...

Ok, take two. Splitted in three patches.

I'm a bit doubtful about the lavf-stuff. As it is right now it will
only grab the extra info if it needs to open the codec for other
purposes during av_find_stream_info(). OTOH we don't want to
open it at all times. Perhaps another argument to av_find_stream_info()
would do. But that would cause API breakage.

Still I think it would be nice to get this type of information with
ffmpeg. And I know for sure that there are users out there that is
interested in this as well.

Ideas welcome...