[FFmpeg-devel] pgmyuv format is deprecated, use image2

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Mar 5 23:40:34 CET 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 02:34:32PM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:23:35AM -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have been studying the regression suite so that I can import the
> >> entire thing, as individual tests, into FATE. A lot of the tests report:
> >>
> >> pgmyuv format is deprecated, use image2
> >>
> >> Is this something that should be fixed before importing the tests into FATE?
> >
> > If you volunteer to fix it ...
>
> Sure. Just explain to me how to do it, using small words because I'm not
> very good at this.
>
> Here's a random example:
>
> ./ffmpeg_g -y -flags +bitexact -dct fastint -idct simple -y -i
> tests/vsynth2/%02d.pgm -an -f rawvideo ./tests/data/rotozoom.ref.yuv

this doesnt show the warning here ...

if i add -f pgmyuv then it does ...
adding -f image2 -vcodec pgmyuv instead doesnt ...

> What needs to change so it is not using deprecated options anymore?

Nothing as it doesnt show the warning to begin with :)

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf