[FFmpeg-devel] Crash in multi-threaded encoding

Shahbaz Ali OmniBus - Stanford Shahbaz.Ali
Fri Mar 7 17:16:20 CET 2008

Hello,

I am trying to use avcodeclib for HD MPEG2 encoding (720p and 1080i). Single threaded encoding works ok. But when I switch to multi-threaded encoding (4 threads) I get crash on 3rd call to avcodec_encode_video. I used GDB to find the address of crash and it is in "avg_no_rnd_pixels16_xy2_mmx + 94".

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am already using multi-threaded decoding perfectly using same libs. My platform is Win32 and I have compiled using MinGW.

Best regards,
Shahbaz Ali

This communication may contain information that is sensitive. It is intended for the exclusive use of the intended recipients. If you have received this email by an error or are not the intended recipient, then please note that any distribution, disclosure, copying or use is prohibited. Please notify us by either email or by telephone and then delete the email and copies of it. The opinions expressed in this communication are those of the sender and are not necessarily supported by OmniBus Systems Limited.

OmniBus Systems Limited: Registered in England & Wales No. 2738586, VAT No. GB 591 7967 79.  Registered Office: Stanford House, Stanford-on-Soar, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE12 5PY.