[FFmpeg-devel] [Spam] Re: Fix mingw name of .lib files

Ramiro Polla ramiro
Sat Mar 8 22:51:15 CET 2008

Hello,

Gonzalo Garramu?o wrote:
> Ramiro Polla wrote:
>> Ramiro Polla wrote:
>> [...]
>>> Patches to fix MinGW installation are welcome. They must be *clean*,
>>> though.
>>
>> Clean meaning no ifdefs, no bloat in the code and not messing up Unix
>> install.
>
> Understood.  The patch is at the beginning of the thread, but it is for
> an old head.
>
> Attached is the one for current head.  If you find any problems with it,
>  let me know.

Your patch installs only to SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR. I want it to be
installed at least to SLIBNAME.lib.

> This patch achieves only the first part of my last email for mingw32
> native.  I agree with your statement in the 3rd reply to this thread.

In this case it's best to quote or point to it. I forgot what was my 3rd
reply to the thread =)

> More comprehensive patches would indeed need to be more disruptive to
> the current build system.

And that's what I decided to avoid since some time: proposing such
patches. That's why I prefer if someone else takes his time and energy
to go through the review processes.

Ramiro Polla