[FFmpeg-devel] Memory leak using bitstream filters with shared libs

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Sun Mar 9 03:48:11 CET 2008

On Sat, 2008-03-08 at 19:23 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> It's actually an implementation bug since the C language requires that
> the addresses match. I suspect it's binutils doing something stupid
> due to -Bsymbolic. Anyway this sort of problem is common enough that

It's binutils doing what -Bsymbolic is documented to do - binding
references to global symbols to the definition within the shared
library. If the main program is compiled without -fPIC then functions
are normally bound to the main program's PLT entry (if one exists for
the function in question), and that's what other code will use.