[FFmpeg-devel] [Spam] Re: Fix mingw name of .lib files

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra
Sun Mar 9 03:51:42 CET 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> This removes the unversioned .lib file which everybody else wants to
> use.  That is not acceptable.

Very good.  Well, guys, I still don't know why you need that .lib file
there.  As far as I can see in quick tests, mingw kicks butt like linux
and does not need it.  If you would like to explain it, it would be
great as I may be able to suggest something else.

Without that piece of info, the current solutions I can propose (it
would be good if you were to pick or vote on one please):
	* configure flag to select behavior between mingw and msys, as done in
cmake.  msys follows closer to autotools, mingw does not.  Default is
msys for back compatibility.  No files added, but more configure bloat,
probably a big patch and will take me longer to add and debug.  Flag is
unique to the mixed platform.  I'll need a contact person for any
eventual questions or to make sure I follow the current programming
procedures in configure.
	* SLIB_UNINSTALL_EXTRA_CMD and its opposite do a recursive make
invocation (under mingw) to likely a new aux make file and rule that
does both installs.  Likely adds a new auxiliary make file and a new
recursion.
	* Concatenation of SLIB_UNINSTALL_EXTRA_CMD with two commands directly
in configure.  Easiest, but kind of a hack for any future expansion.
Will lead to Makefile with a line of over 80 chars for that SLIB_* stuff.
	* Me do nothing, as I have a solution already.  I stick to my own
Makefile.install.

--
Gonzalo Garramu?o
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar