[FFmpeg-devel] Memory leak using bitstream filters with shared libs

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Mar 10 01:07:41 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:38:46AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 23:00 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > Anyway ive no interrest to workaround binutil bugs, if anyone cares he has
> > to do the work and testing.
>
> That's not a bug. At most it could be called a documentation flaw for
> not explaining the caveats clearly enough.

Its a bug, according to the ISO C standard. It can be fixed in binutils
or by removing the claim that binutils support ISO C, in that sense yes
it can be solved in the "docs".

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras