[FFmpeg-devel] Memory leak using bitstream filters with shared libs

Rich Felker dalias
Mon Mar 10 02:58:06 CET 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 03:38:51AM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 01:07 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > >
> > > That's not a bug. At most it could be called a documentation flaw for
> > > not explaining the caveats clearly enough.
> >
> > Its a bug, according to the ISO C standard. It can be fixed in binutils
>
> This is getting silly... The C standard does not require that you must
> be able to give tools whatever random options you see on the manpage
> without breaking anything.

It's not silly. The tool provides options that cause subtle breakage
without any documentation of that fact, when avoiding the breakage
would be trivial. That is what i call a BUG. Plain and simple. But I'm
quite confident that the Redhat^H^H^H^H^H^HGNU folks will think
differently after all the crack they've done.

Rich