[FFmpeg-devel] mpegts private sections stream support

Mark Buechler mark.buechler
Tue Mar 11 23:45:31 CET 2008

Hi, I'm trying to add support for reading ts streams which have a PID of
type 0x05 (STREAM_TYPE_PRIVATE_SECTION). I've defined a new codec id of
CODEC_ID_DVB_PRIVSEC in avcodec.h and added an entry in mpegts.c for
new_pes_av_stream() to set the codec_id to CODEC_ID_DVB_PRIVSEC and type of
CODEC_TYPE_DATA for my new stream. However, calls to av_get_frame() never
return packets from my stream.

Is there something else I need to look at? The stream has no descriptors,
but I wouldn't think that would have anything to do with it.

dump_format() shows:

  Duration: N/A, start: 90189.925633, bitrate: N/A
  Program 1
    Stream #0.0[0x1012](eng): Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s
    Stream #0.1[0x1a12]: Data: 0x0000

Thanks, Mark.