[FFmpeg-devel] [RUMOUR] ASM support on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Mike Melanson mike
Wed Mar 12 22:05:39 CET 2008

?smail D?nmez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 10:37 PM, M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> wrote:
>> I found this on the VLC mailing list, and figured it might interest
>>  someone:
>>
>>  ---8<---
>>  just FYI:
>>
>>  as widely published, Apple's iPhone SDK includes a new version of
>>  Xcode called 3.1 (beta), which may be installed separately but is only
>>  distributed as part of the SDK download.
>>
>>  However, this new Xcode releases finally includes an updated linker,
>>  which fixes the compilation problems of FFmpeg's ASM code on Intel-
>>  based Macs. Thus, if you want a fast FFmpeg on Leopard, you the iPhone
>>  SDK.
>>  --->8---
>
> You can't actually talk about it since the dowloaded is bounded by
> NDA, but don't hold your breath is all I can say about it.

It's a free download... under NDA? Sounds silly.

Can someone download the SDK and try this out? I have a Mac and I would
try this if I had the time and -- more importantly -- the Xcode knowledge.

--
	-Mike Melanson