[FFmpeg-devel] Searching for a ffmpeg BCLO (bastard chief legal officer)

Diego Biurrun diego
Thu Mar 13 10:01:59 CET 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 09:55:30AM +0100, Benjamin Larsson wrote:
> Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 06, 2008 at 01:00:29AM -0500, Chris Ribe wrote:
> >
> >> I am interested in this position, and am interested in assisting Diego if
> >> the position has become his.
> >
> > OK, so why don't we give this a try?  A good first target seems to be
> > VEMoDe, which claims to be GPLed, but provides no source:
>
> Here is a source not sure it is correct though:
>
> http://coreforge.org/frs/?group_id=31

It seems to be using Xvid, but claims that FFmpeg is LGPL.  The source
zip does not contain libavutil, which is highly suspicious.  Also, there
is an ugly misspelling FFMpeg - ugh...

Diego