[FFmpeg-devel] SOC Qualifiction tasks

Alexander Strange astrange
Thu Mar 13 20:08:16 CET 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> Id like to remind SOC students that everyone should select a seperate
> qualification task. Having 2 students work on the same task is not
> good.
> We had 2 last year who did and it caused problems, i would like to
> avoid that this year.
>
> Currently we have (if i interpreted everyones mails correctly)
> Sascha      VIVO demuxer (or vivo audio?)
> Marcondes   VIVO demuxer (said so after sascha)
> andi        metadata or MLP patch cleanup ?
> thilani     MLP patch cleanup? (said so after andi)
>
> Also maybe students should add a note to the wiki below the
> qualification
> task they selected.

I'll add myself to the wiki under the SSE2 IDCT; it seems like not
enough work compared to the others, but I'd certainly use it more
myself.

Should we find a mentor first if we want to do something that's not on
the projects list? I'd like to try frame-based multithreaded decoding
using x264's method, but haven't worked out the details yet.