[FFmpeg-devel] Muxing h.264 to MP4 gives broken files

Thorsten Jordan tjordan
Fri Mar 14 14:35:57 CET 2008

Baptiste Coudurier schrieb:
> Thorsten Jordan wrote:
>> Baptiste Coudurier schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>> i am no expert for MP4 files, what shall i say here? do you want such a
>> file as test material? or the elementary stream from it?
>
> Yes, every bug report should have a sample file ideally.
i have two files here, but read below please

>> My category of "broken" is that mplayer can't playback them correctly. I
>> also had trouble when playing these files on Windows/quicktime and a
>> X-Box 360 too, so it doesn't seem mplayer's fault.
>
> Well, here quicktime plays them perfectly both on mac and windows, and
> wine. I don't have an xbox so I cannot tell.
>
> Does mplayer with libavformat demuxer plays it correctly ?
i don't know how to tell mplayer to use lavf-demuxer (manpage gives no
hint), but i tried my own player with libavformat and it works correct.
I should have tried that earlier.

I am very sorry!
ffmpeg is correct here.

So this is clearly a mplayer bug.
It is even worse with files encoded with b_pyramid-flag.

I relied too much on mplayer, so far it worked for all files and i
searched some hours in my code and was frustrated, sorry for bothering you

Thanks for your reply and your time!

--
Regards, Thorsten