[FFmpeg-devel] [qt-faststart] Ever get "could not allocate 0x14 byte for ftyp atom"?

Mike Melanson mike
Fri Mar 14 18:59:56 CET 2008

avcoder.net wrote:
> Dear:
>
> On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:24 PM, Gilles Dubuc <kouiskas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Mike Melanson <mike <at> multimedia.cx> writes:

>>> Interesting theory. Per my understanding, a file should have, at most,
>>> one FTYP that's at the beginning. But I guess there is nothing to stop a
>>> muxer from adding more.
>>>
>> I've made a sample video file (which encoutners the same bug as the
>> previous
>> posters) available there:
>> http://videoupload.darumazone.com/outbox/1205436652Aluminum7.mov (240 KB)
>

> I compiled the latest FFmpeg
> qt-faststart is happay with this file

I had the same experience with a user who sent me a file that gave him
trouble. When I compiled qt-faststart on x86_32, x86_64, and PPC, the
program did the right thing on all 3 platforms.

Maybe we should look at compilers used?

--
	-Mike Melanson