[FFmpeg-devel] Fixing the MXF decoder for P2 files.

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Sat Mar 15 14:44:37 CET 2008

Hi,

Richard Spindler wrote:
> Baptiste Coudurier <baptiste.coudurier <at> smartjog.com> writes:
>> File is clip wrapped. All frames are in one KLV packet.
>>
>> MXF demuxer does not support clip wrapped DV content (all P2 files),
>> as it would require a DV parser, which could extract single frames
>> from the KLV packet. I have not much time atm to do that, I'll try to,
>> feel free to send a patch though.
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to fix the decoding of mxf files, as found on P2 media, and I have
> some questions about how a sane solution should look like.
>
> [...]
>
> I wonder where this would need to be fixed, in the mxf demuxer, or in
> the dv decoder, or somewhere else? And what would be the "correct" way
> to handle this, splitting this huge data-chunk into several smaller
> packets in the demuxer?

In the mxf demuxer, this is the only affordable way, the klv packet
might be so big to not fit into memory anyway, I already experienced that.

I suggest you look at index tables, entries should specify offsets of
individual edit units.

SMARTJOG S.A.                                    http://www.smartjog.com
Phone: +33 1 49966312