[FFmpeg-devel] #ifdef considered harmful

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sat Mar 15 15:19:42 CET 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> writes:
>> In the other news water is considered harmful yet useful...
>
> Why so sarcastic?  Some of the examples in that paper are truly
> horrific, and yet they are far from the worst I've seen.

It was supposed to be ironic/funny since in most of the examples you got
the code drowned in the preprocessor directives ^^

I think we all got experience on how bad you can get with preprocessor
directives (at least anybody who had the luck to dig glibc and libc bsd
includes) yet nobody made a paper out of it ^^;

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member